The Dartmouth Company, Boston MA
(Jan 2019 - July 2019)
- Managed all mapping production and implemented geospatial business analytics platform.
- Provided location-based insights and graphics including competition & demographic analysis. Used GIS and ESRI Business Analyst to deliver visual and quantitative market data to brokers and clients.
- Performed market research and informed decision making for national clients
- Developed workflows coupling ESRI Adobe software. Designed custom-tailored web maps and user experiences within Mapbox Studio.
- Oversaw UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) program for drone-based aerial photography and video production.
Kleinfelder, Cambridge MA
(July 2015- Jan 2019)
Provided in-house GIS expertise as part of multidisciplinary team of engineers, architects and scientists.
- Responsible for high-end cartographic production, visualizations, calculations, and geospatial analysis.
- Key tasks included GIS asset management, environmental analysis, risk assessment, public engagement, and maintaining diverse datasets of town/statewide geographic data.
- Clients included mid/large size municipalities and private industries in the Northeast United States.
- Served as lead GIS Analyst for Climate Change team, including developing GIS methodology for green infrastructure, urban heat island analysis, flood risk, and stormwater runoff calculations. Designed and developed the FloodViewer GIS application for flood risk management while working with stakeholders and city/town leadership to understand needs and implement GIS solutions.
- Compiled and directed GIS training curriculum and presentations for internal staff and external clients
Planet Alpha Labs, Cambridge, MA
Providing GIS support and cartographic design services for early-stage startup, providing forest conservation, CO2 reduction, and worldwide reverse deforestation in a wide range of habitats across Africa, Asia, and South America. Performing analysis on land cover, tree density, and habitat loss prevention in pilot project sites and developing datasets used to estimate the cost and feasibility of reforestation efforts.
Developing a GIS based approach for forest conservation and groundbreaking carbon products to support landowners and reduce. Providing mapping support for SEC Regulation A+ Tier II offering of securities for Planet Alpha Corp. Directing and providing oversight for the GPS data collection field operations program for sites within Ghana, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Kenya.
GIS Development Intern
Campus Planning Office, UMass Amherst
Worked with the Campus Planning department under the principal GIS A&F architect to develop a workflow within FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) to automatically process geotags within photos for GIS asset tagging. The project read EXIF data and generated a virtual field-of-view (based on camera lens properties and directional information) that intersected assets in a GIS to automatically detect objects or buildings, and classify images based on the assets contained within the cameras reference frame.
Access the research product here - Image recognition map
Research Communications and Outreach Intern
University Relations Office, UMass Amherst
www.UMass.edu/ResearchNext | @ResearchNext
Updating UMass Research Next website using Drupal CMS; Designing and implementing a social media strategy for Research Next brand. Increasing visibility of research conducted at UMass Amherst through online news articles. Copy editing articles for release on the web. Generating social media content and aiding in growing the Research Next brand.
Summer GIS & Project Management Intern
Smith College, Northampton MA
Assisted capital project managers with field-based GPS data collection, building GIS layers, converting CAD data to GIS, creating maps, and archiving historic architectural plans in digital format. Additionally worked with Environmental Health & Safety specialist to digitize physical EPA HazMat manifest records into a relational database, as well as assisting with on-site inspections.
Past Client List
Climate Change / GIS Analysis
City of Cambridge, MA
City of Boston, MA
- Climate Ready Boston
- (East Boston, Charlestown)
- Flood Resiliency Zoning Overlay District
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- DCAMM Statewide Resiliancy Master Plan
- MassDOT Climate Resiliency Study
Town of Arlington, MA
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Plan
Town of Waterford, CT
GIS and Cartographic Services
- Boston Water and Sewer Commission
- Narragansett Bay Commission
- City of Manchester, NH
- City of Northampton, MA
- City of Somerville, MA
- City of Springfield, MA
- City of Worcester, MA
- Town of Canton, MA
- Town of Dover, MA
- Town of Millis, MA
- Town of Vernon, CT
- Town of Wareham, MA
- Planetary Emissions Management
- Planet Alpha Labs
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
Bachelor of Science in Earth Systems, Department of Geosciences
Relevant Coursework: Remote Sensing of the Environment, Sedimentary Geochemistry, GIS Colloquium, Environmental Science, Climatology, Environmental Biology, Urban Geography, Geological Field Methods, Environmental Policy and Geography, Chemistry.
Designed and completed an independent research study with UMass campus planning, focused on GIS applications using FME and ArcGIS software. Created proof-of-concept object recognition system.
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
Atmospheric Science, Geospatial Sciences
Relevant Coursework: GIS Design & Applications I & II, Atmospheric Structure and Analysis, Weather and Climate, Physics, Chemistry, Programming in C.
Software + Skills
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5
- 3D Analyst
- Network Analyst
- Spatial Analyst
- ESRI ArcGIS Online
- FME Desktop
- Google Earth Pro
- DJI Mavic Pro UAS System
- DJI GO 4 UAS Software
- Mapbox Studio
- Adobe Illustrator 2017
- Remote Sensing / ENVI
- Trimble® GPS / GNSS
- TerraSync™ Centimeter Edition
- G-Suite | Google Apps
- Web Design (Drupal, Google, Wordpress)
- Audio Mixing /Live Sound Design